My living room has been an evolving project. It started with the Kara couch and accent chair in gray. I decided on teal and orange decor and pillows finish off the color scheme. I wanted to add in a mixture of metallic accents to give it ‘hotel luxury’ look. I am still missing a side table and lighting, but this DIY herringbone art made my living room one step closer to finished. Here’s how I made it:
- Choose the right size canvas for your space. (and make sure it fits in your car!) The first one I bought definitely didn’t, but I’m happy with this size (48×36).
- Start with a base color – I used a light warm-toned gray.
- Paint any design and cover the entire canvas. Don’t be too perfect with it – overlap colors and leave shapes irregular.
- Once it dries, use painters tape to cover the parts of painting you want to preserve. I chose a herringbone pattern.
- Do two coats of white paint on top of the tape.
- Peel off the tape, and your masterpiece will be revealed!
If this projects inspires you to make your own art, share it with me in the comments!