I stumbled across these Ideal Bookshelf prints by Jane Mount, but her custom ones are too expensive for me. I love the idea of hanging a faux bookshelf for my office gallery wall so I picked out some of my favorite books and made my very own ideal bookshelf. I started illustrating the spines of the books with my Micron pens, and then scanned them into my computer. I added color and made a few shapes on my own to end up with this illustration.
These are some of my current favorite books, but I just bought myself a Kindle Paperwhite. I am starting to read a lot more, and hopefully that means some great book recommendations will be posted here soon! My book wish list is already 75 books long, but if you have any mustreads for me, please share in the comments! The first few book I am so excited to read this summer by the pool are:
- This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper (watch the trailer with Tina Fey and Jason Bateman in theaters September 12th)
- The One & Only by Emily Giffin (I’ve loved her books for years, and I’m still waiting for the Something Blue movie :))
- Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kerman (I’ve already binge watched both seasons on Netflix)
- The Vacationers by Emma Straub (Sounds like a perfect book for summer)
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler (Her first book is expected in October! Get excited!)