This weekend I went to the Dallas Flea Market at Trinity Groves, and I was inspired by all the beautiful jewelry, calligraphy, furniture and illustrations. I found a few pieces to tie my gallery wall together, which I will share in a later post, but I wanted to share some of my favorite artists from the event.
Sushi & Queso Designs
– I love their clever prints, greeting cards and coffee mugs. It’s hard to choose a favorite, but I think it has to be this “espresso patronum” coffee mug.
Fox Hollow Design Co.
– This Fort Worth, Texas artist creates beautiful watercolor art inspired by nature and animals. My personal favorite are the baby elephants and gangly giraffe.
My Blue Avenue
– Savanna creates modern gold foil prints with a lot of jo
ie de vivre. The best part is that many of her prints also come in silver and rose gold foil. You can never have too much Texas-pride.
– This booth first caught my eye with this illustration of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I have accepted the fact that my acceptance letter may never come, but I did buy my alma mater of the iconic quad of the University of Missouri.
Flower Child Plants
– I love a good succulent, but I struggle to keep anything alive longer than a few months. These plants were a highlight of the flea market because of the colorful and unique containers ranging from vintage teacups to mini treasure chests.
Color Box Design & Letterpress
– This letterpress artist creates unique stationary and greeting cards for any occasion. I especially loved some of the wedding and holidays items at the show.
Swift and Nine
– She makes these gorgeous hand-painted globes and greeting cards. Some are sassy while others are sweet, but they were all one of a kind.
Taylor Custer Jewelry
– I saw a lot of amazing handmade jewelry, but her necklaces stood out with these gorgeous gemstones and tassels.
Lone Chimney Mercantile
– I love these bright, vintage-esque photographs of iconic Texas landmarks include the State Fair of Texas, Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge, downtown Dallas, The Majestic theatre and many more.
– The hand illustrated cards both clever and cute. She manages to creates cards that are cool enough for your most hipster friend and sweet enough to give your boyfriend on his birthday.
– This local bakery was serving up delicious samples of their cookies and cupcakes. The Ellen DeGeneres Show names their cupcakes Top 10 Cupcakes in America, and I can see why!